Italy Hosts their First TCOM Conference
May 25th and 26th saw the first Italian conference dedicated to the CANS and TCOM. Entitled “Particepicapzione e valuatazione di esito in eta evolutiva: Approcci collaborative in situazioni complesse, sanitarie e psicosociali.” The meeting was held in Milan and sponsored by the Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico, the conference involved presentations by national leaders in outcomes management approaches and reports from many sites around Italy who are initiating the use of the CANS in a collaborative approach to better serve children and families. Antonella Costantino, M.D. led the conference. Dr. Costantino is the Director of the Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiaric Unit at the Fondazione IRCCS “Cà Granda” Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico. The Policlinico has a team that supports the use of CANS and TCOM in Italy through training and technical assistance. Stefano Benzoni, M.D. and Alessandro Chinello both played key roles in the success of this inaugural event.
The meeting was a collaboration between the Policlinico and the TCOM team at Chapin Hall. John S Lyons, Ph.D. Nathaniel Israel, Ph.D. and April Fernando, Ph.D. all provided talks. Lise Bisnaire, Ph.D. from BORN Ontario at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario in Ottawa, Canada was another international speaker at the event. These talks are available through the attached links.Click HERE to view their full program of events.
- Using Algorithms in a Clinical, Social, and Organizational Context
- Working Collaboratively with CANS in Italy: Validation, Adaptation, and Training
- Outcome Evaluation Paths in NPIA Therapeutic Residential Structure: Casalnoceto Experience
- First Applications of CANS in a Residential Treatment Center
- CANS: A Bridge Between Services—Family Counseling Unit and Addiction Treatment Unit
- CANS Use in Italy
- CANS Use: Project Sacco Pieno…Sacco Vuoto (Eating Disorders Unit for Children)
- Project Per.C.I.Val: Intensive Outreach Team
- Complex Use by Maurizio Bonati
- Global Assessment Scale
- Intervention Program for the Prevention of Institutionalization
- TCOM-CANS application in Ontario
- Using TCOM in Residential Treatment
- Understanding the CANS: Transformational Collaborative Outcomes Management
- Complex Trauma and the CANS: Working with Trafficked Youth
- Zoom Approach
Thank you to our partners all across the collaborative for all of the work you do!
Contact Alessandro Chinello, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions you may have on Italy’s TCOM implementation, their use of the CANS/CAT, Policlinico and how to be involved in future conferences!